Western Australia Police is one of eight police jurisdictions in Australia and is responsible for policing the world's largest single police jurisdiction covering 2.5 million square kilometres with a structure comprising two regions, 11 districts and 157 police stations.
To enhance the quality of life and well-being of all people in Western Australia by contributing to making our State a safe and secure place.
Frontline 2020 is a major reform program that will extensively restructure WA Police to best deal with increasing demands in a climate of finite resources.
Building on the Frontline First philosophy, Frontline 2020 will examine all aspects of the delivery of frontline policing services, aiming to be more even more efficient, more productive, and more locally focused.
WA Police outcomes:
- Lawful behaviour and community safety
- Offenders apprehended and dealt with in accordance with the law
- Lawful road-user behaviour
Contributing to Whole of Government Outcome:
To enhance the quality of life and well-being of all people throughout Western Australia by providing high quality, accessible services.
- Improved confidence and trust of the community
- People feeling safer at home and in the community
Our outcomes will be achieved through:
- Better frontline services to the community
- Highly visible police presence in the community
- The right people, in the right place, at the right time, doing the right things
- Innovation, leadership and business improvement