On this page:
Translate this page with Google Language Tools
If you are involved in, or witness, a traffic accident and there is danger, serious injuries or life-threatening concerns, telephone 000.
If you are a driver of a vehicle involved in a traffic crash, unless you have a disability, you must stop immediately and supply your name and address and the name and address of your vehicle's owner (if you are not the owner) and where required, your driver's licence to:
- the owner or driver of any other vehicle which has been damaged
- any person who has been injured
- any person whose property has been damaged
- a police officer
How to report a traffic crash
Click here to report all traffic crashes involving injury or property damage that occurred in Western Australia
You will need to provide the following information:
- date of crash
- time of crash
- precise location of crash
- your personal details (taken from your driver's licence)
- your driver's licence number and expiry details
- your vehicle licence plate and expiry details
- details of other involved drivers/passengers/owners/vehicles/witnesses
- details of your injuries and other person's injuries
- crash features (traffic control, road features, road alignment, other conditions)
- total estimated cost of damage to all vehicles and property
- description of how the crash happened
- optional - digital images of the crash incident. Up to three images may be loaded into the online report. Each image no larger than one megabyte (1Mb) in size.
When to report a traffic crash
The driver of a vehicle must report a traffic crash when the incident occurred on a road or any place commonly used by the public, e.g. carparks; and
- the incident resulted in bodily harm to any person; or
- the total value of property damaged to all involved parties exceeds $3000; or
- the owner or representative of any damaged property is not present.
Online Crash Reporting Facility
Did we help you today?
||You can let us know by completing our QUICK SURVEY
Your feedback is valued for improving our online services and information.