16 Kilograms of Meth Seized
Detectives from the Transnational Serious and Organised Crime Squad (TSOC) have charged two men and a woman following an investigation into recent drug and money laundering activity in Western Australia.
On Monday 29 May 2023, TSOC detectives executed a search warrant at a storage unit in Bentley, where more than 16 kilograms of methylamphetamine was located concealed in washing powder boxes.
A further 1 kilogram of cocaine and $390,000 in cash was also located in the unit.
A further series of search warrants executed in the Perth metropolitan area located more than $240,000 in cash and other items consistent with the sale and supply of prohibited drugs.
It is believed the drugs and cash are linked to a recent investigation where more than 14 kilograms of methylamphetamine was seized from an address in Ballajura on 18 May 2023.
A 33-year-old man from Dianella and a 29-year-old man from Balga have each been charged with:
- 1 x Sold or Supplied, or Offered to Sell or Supply, a Trafficable Quantity of Methylamphetamine
- 1 x Possessed A Trafficable Quantity of Methylamphetamine With Intent to Sell or Supply it to Another
- 1 x Possession of Prohibited Drugs with Intent to Sell or Supply (Cocaine)
- 1 x Laundering Property/Money from Proceeds of Major Offence
- 1 x Possession of Stolen or Unlawfully Obtained Property
Both men are next due to appear in the Perth Magistrates Court on 2 June 2023 and 27 June 2023 respectively.
A 28-year-old woman Dianella from has been charged on summons to appear in court at a later date with one count of Possessing Stolen or Unlawfully Obtained Property.