Shortlist Announced - Nine News WA Police Excellence Awards
With 153 quality nominations received this year, our judges have certainly had their work cut out for them to select just a top ten from each category.
The first round of judging has taken place and the selected shortlist is as follows:
- Sergeant Lisa Benington – Central Metro Response (East)
- Sergeant Chris Fox – Bidyadanga Multi-Functional Police Facility
- Sergeant Jeremy Fricker – Laverton Police Station
- Sergeant Rachel Greene – Wembley Police Station
- Detective Sergeant Gina Horch – Karratha Detectives
- Detective Sergeant Tania Mackenzie – Kununurra Detectives
- A/Sergeant Zen Mohamad Kassim – Community Engagement Division
- Detective Sergeant Glenn Moore – Cold Case Homicide Squad
- Senior Constable Carol Pulford – State Family Violence Unit
- Sergeant Paul World – Exmouth Police Station
- Fingerprint ‘Volume Crime Team’ – Forensic Division
- Fremantle Police (Team 2) – South Metropolitan District
- Kensington Detectives ‘Operation AINOUZ’ – South East Metropolitan District
- Midland Police CBD Team – Central Metropolitan District
- Operation Vanilla – South West District
- Perth Detectives Proactive Team – Central Metropolitan District
- Ravensthorpe Police Station – Great Southern District
- Regional Investigations Unit – State Operations Division
- Wembley Police (Team 4) – Central Metropolitan District
- Wyndham Police Station – Kimberley District
A second round of judging will take place next week with the top three finalists announced shortly afterwards.
The Awards recognise the hard work all police officers contribute to our community. The officers nominated highlight that police work is both varied and challenging and greatly affects people from all walks of life. Policing is not only a job; it is a way of life. Recognising a police officer or police team with a nomination reinforces that members of the police are not simply uniforms, but also community members who share the same concerns as others.
WA Police Commissioned Officers (Inspector rank and above) are not eligible for the Awards.
Who judges the Awards?
The judging panel includes representatives from our sponsors, Nine Perth, Crown Perth, P&N Bank, 882 6PR and senior police, who will validate the claims and provide advice to the panel on the officers’ suitability for the Awards.