Stay safe this Halloween
Whether you're joining in on the Halloween "fear"-stivities or sitting this year out, we want you and your little monsters to stay safe this Sunday.
Halloween is one of the most exciting times of the year for children, but it can be stressful for those participating in trick-or-treating.
This Halloween, consider taking some safety precautions to ensure that it's fun for everyone involved.
Here's a couple of tips from us:
- Never send younger children out alone – they should always be with a trusted adult.
- Make sure older children take friends and stay together while trick-or-treating
- Plan a trick-or-treating route in a neighbourhood you know
- Make sure children know your mobile number, their home phone number and their address
- Always walk younger children to the door to receive treats
- Take note of signs that indicate whether a house is welcoming trick-or-treaters
We also encourage you to display one of our downloadable "Welcome" or "No Thanks" posters outside of your house to let trick-or-treaters know if you'll be participating.