Trick or treat? Halloween safety tips and posters.
Halloween is one of the most exciting times of the year for children, but it can also be a hectic time for parents and guardians.
This Halloween, take a moment to consider basic safety precautions to help make your children's Halloween a safer night of fun.
- Plan a trick-or-treat route in familiar neighbourhoods with well-lit streets.
- Children should never trick-or-treat alone and should be accompanied by a trusted adult.
- Hold a torch while trick-or-treating to help you see, and others see you.
- Look both ways before crossing the street.
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats.
- Only visit well-lit houses or those indicating they are participating in Halloween.
- Never accept rides from strangers.