Persons wishing to possess or use a firearm in Western Australia are governed by the Firearms Act 1973 and the Firearms Regulations 1974.
Police Licensing Services (Firearms) is responsible for the:
- Assessment of all applications for ‘original’ firearms licences and the addition of firearms to existing licences.
- Renewal of all firearms licences.
- Revocation of a firearms licence.
- Approval of temporary and interstate permits.
- Management and maintenance of licensing records within the Firearm Registry System.
- Regulation of commercial organisations involved in the sale, manufacture and repair of firearms and ammunition.
- Assessment of the importation and exportation of firearms and other weapons.
Police Licensing Services (Firearms)
Locked Bag 9
East Perth WA 6892
Monday - Friday - 8:00am - 4:00pm.
Call CentreTel: 1300 171 011
Fax: 9454 1522