Can I have my conviction record destroyed/expunged?

National Police Certificate

No. There is no obligation for WA Police to destroy any conviction record information at any time. However, you may be eligible to apply for a spent conviction. Having a conviction declared spent effectively limits the disclosure of that conviction. For example, a conviction which has been spent is not listed on a National Police Certificate.

For a conviction to be eligible to be declared spent, the conviction in question must be over 10 years old. In addition, the most recent conviction (which includes traffic and interstate matters) must be over ten years old or have a fine of less than $500.

A National Police Certificate application incorporates a request for WA Police to spend any eligible WA Convictions. Alternatively, a separate, spent conviction application form can be submitted. For more information please visit the Spending a Conviction FAQs page.

Unable to find what you're looking for? Contact Us