How do I apply for a refund if I am found not guilty?

Vehicles Traffic Impoundments

If the owner or responsible person pays the towage and storage costs to recover an impounded vehicle a refund may be payable if a person is acquitted of the impounding offence (and no other person is convicted for the offence), the charge is withdrawn, amended, dismissed or no charge is laid.    

Written applications for refunds may be submitted to the Supervisor of the Vehicle Impound Unit (VIU), the role of the VIU is to process and review applications, confirm payee details. Refunds may take up to 8 weeks for the funds to be available.

Download refund form.

Email to, emails and scans to be titled with claimants name and the VI number.  

Unable to find what you're looking for? Contact Us