How do I collect my property from the impounded vehicle?

Vehicles Traffic Impoundments

WA Police can only release property from an impounded vehicle if it can be demonstrated (proven) by the applicant that they are the owner of the vehicle. The following information must be supplied when completing your Property Release (link to the form) application form.

  • List of items required from the vehicle (attach to the application form)
  • Identification supplied with the application
  • 100 points of identification supplied to the storage contractor when you collect your property

If someone else owns the property located within the impounded vehicle, the owner must complete the bottom section of the property application and supply identification as described above.

Please be aware that anything attached (secured) to the vehicle will not be removed (excluding Alcohol Interlock devices fitted in accordance with the Road Traffic (Authorisation to Drive) Act 2008), it must be sold or destroyed with the vehicle.

Unable to find what you're looking for? Contact Us