Will my crash be investigated?
Every crash is assessed on its merit and not every crash is investigated. This can take several months depending on the particular circumstances of the incident being investigated. The Western Australia Police Force will investigate:
- Injury has occurred (broken bones/lacerations requiring treatment); or
- Adverse driver’s licences (suspended/cancelled); or
- Serious driving offences (Reckless or Dangerous); or
- Careless driving on “P” plates; or
- Stolen vehicles; or
- On-road hit & run where:
- Either criteria 1, 3 or 4 have been identified.
- There are reasonable leads to enquire such as driver and vehicle registration details.