Evade Police - Joondalup to Manning - CHARGES
Around midday, police attempted to stop a blue Mazda hatchback on Shenton Avenue Joondalup. After activating their emergency lights and sirens, it will be alleged the vehicle executed a U turn, accelerating and turning onto the Mitchell Freeway and heading south.
The vehicle travelled onto several roads including Mounts Bay Road, Canning Highway, Manning Road and adjoining residential streets, The vehicle was located abandoned in Goss Avenue Manning a short time later.
The driver and sole occupant of the vehicle ran from the scene and was arrested by police nearby.
A 31 year old man of no fixed address has been charged with the following offences:
• Driver of a vehicle failed to comply with a direction to stop (circumstance of aggravation)
• Reckless driving to escape pursuit by police
• Possess a Prohibited Drug (Cannabis)
• No authority to drive (never held)
• Possessed any drug paraphernalia in or on which there was a prohibited drug or plant
He was remanded in custody and is due to appear at the Joondalup Magistrates Court today, Friday 22 May 2020.
Detectives are seeking any digital evidence of the incident in the form of CCTV, dash cam or mobile phone footage. Any digital evidence can be uploaded by clicking this link https://wapf.au.evidence.com/axon/citizen/public/evade-police-joondalup
Any information in relation to the incident can be reported to Crime Stoppers at www.crimestopperswa.com.au or 1800 333 000.