Man was charged with child exploitation material
It is alleged in January 2023, the man made contact via a social media ‘chat’ application with a person he believed was a 14-year-old girl and had conversations of a sexually explicit nature.
Detectives executed a search warrant on the man’s home where they located and seized a mobile phone and other electronic devices allegedly belonging to the man. It is alleged during a preliminary analysis of the devices, specialist detectives using the Australian Child Abuse Categorisation Schema (ACACS) identified images classed as child exploitation material.
A full detailed forensic analysis of the electronic devices seized is pending.
The 54-year-old man from the metropolitan area has been charged with:
• 4 x Contravened a Requirement of a Supervision Order;
• 2 x Possess Child Exploitation Material;
• 1 x Intent to Procure a Person Believed to be under 16 years for Sexual Activity;
• 1 x Possess a Prohibited Drug; and
• 1 x Possess Drug Paraphernalia.
He is next due to appear before the Perth Magistrates Court today, Tuesday 24 January 2023.