Man sentenced and children rescued
The WA Police Force Child Exploitation Operations (CEO) took carriage of the investigation into the man activities as a result of information received from Interpol via Australian Federal Police.
As a result of their investigation, the man was charged by detectives from the Child Exploitation Operations unit with:
• 7 x Sexual Penetration of a Child under 13 years;
• 6 x Indecent Dealings with a Child under 13 years;
• 21 x Indecently Record a Child under 13 years;
• 3 x Possessing Child Exploitation Material;
• 6 x Distributing Child Exploitation Material; and
• 3 x Possess or Copy an Indecent or Obscene Article.
The court sentenced him to the maximum penalty for possessing child exploitation material of 7 years.
The WA Police Force CEO Victim Identification specialist went through numerous videos and images of child exploitation material, successfully identifying 5 child victims. Four of the children required rescuing; one in WA, one in NSW and two in Victoria.
As a result of these rescue referrals, a woman was charged in NSW and a man charged in Victoria by their relevant police agencies.