How do I Nominate?
It’s quick and easy - you can do it online. Click on the relevant link below to submit a nomination.
Nominations for the awards are accepted from any member of the community, including members of the WA Police Force and officers' families and must address all of the criteria below.
Please provide as much information as you can about the person or team you are nominating, including a short written explanation about what they have achieved and why you would like to see them recognised. The more information you provide will give the judges a better understanding and assist them in assessing the nominations.
Nominations submitted containing one sentence responses are not sufficient and will not be considered for the awards.
Individual Police Award
- The officer demonstrates excellence in a particular policing discipline, role or duty.
- The officer exemplifies the core WA Police Force values of honesty, respect, fairness, empathy, openness and accountability.
- The officer works effectively towards achieving an excellent outcome.
- The officer raises the public's confidence in WA policing.
Police Team Award
As a community member you may have experienced a positive outcome involving more than one police officer. Policing is often a team effort. If you would like to acknowledge the good work of a team, squad or unit – refer to the criteria below and nominate them today.
- The team demonstrates excellence in a particular policing discipline, role or duty.
- All team members exemplify the core WA Police Force values of honesty, respect, fairness, empathy, openness and accountability.
- The individual team members work effectively together towards achieving an excellent outcome.
- The team effort raises the public's confidence in WA policing.
Nominations close at 5pm, Sunday 30 September 2018.
Any nominations received after this date will be held over for inclusion in the Nine News WA Police Excellence Awards for 2019.
If you are unable to complete the nomination form online or have a question please email Corporate Communications Branch or phone 9222 1225.
Alternatively, you can download a nomination form, complete and post to:
Corporate Communications Branch
WA Police Force Headquarters
Ground Floor, 2 Adelaide Terrace
East Perth WA 6004.