Complaints About WA Police Force Personnel

If your complaint is not in relation to police conduct or you wish to report a crime please contact your Local Police Station or telephone 131 444.

Western Australia Police Force is committed to accepting complaints about the actions and performance of our personnel.

To make a complaint about the WA Police Force, you are encouraged to complete the online complaint form or contact your nearest police station or district office in person, by telephone, or in writing. Depending on the issues that you raise, police may be able to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction or it may require further investigation.


Making a false complaint or creating a false belief may be an offence under the Criminal Code or the Corruption and Crime Commission Act.

Make a Complaint

Other means to make a Complaint about the WA Police Force include:

  • by telephone or in person to any police station or district office
  • by calling the Police Conduct Investigation Unit on 6372 6000 or

In writing to:

Police Conduct Investigation Unit
Locked Bag 6
Cloisters Square, WA 6850



Corruption and Crime Commission
PO Box 330 Northbridge Post Shop 6865
Level 5, 45 Francis Street
Northbridge 6003

If you submit an online complaint form a receipt will be acknowledged by return email.

If you are making a written complaint make sure you keep a copy of the letter you send. If you are making a complaint by telephone record the time, date and the name of the person you spoke to and what they agreed to do.

Helpful information to assist an enquiry includes:

  • Date, time and location of the incident
  • Brief description of the incident
  • Name and badge number of the member(s) involved
  • Name, address and telephone number of any witnesses and
  • Vehicle registration or designation numbers of police vehicle/s involved.

For further information you can download the Police Complaints Brochure (PDF, 258kb).

You can now download frequently asked questions in your language.

For information about existing complaints against police or general information, please contact us.