Guide to handing in your firearms
Western Australia is participating in a National Firearms Amnesty, which is an opportunity for members of the public to surrender unregistered firearms.
If you have an unregistered firearm that you wish to surrender to the WA Police Force, please abide by the following:
- You will be able to surrender the firearm at any police station across Western Australia;
- Plan ahead. Contact your local police station to advise them of your intent to hand in a firearm;
- Ensure the firearm is unloaded, if you are unsure or do not know if it is loaded, explain that when you first arrive at the police station;
- Do not point the firearm at any person;
- Take the bolt/firing mechanism out if possible;
- 'Break' the firearm if mechanism allows; and
- Carry the firearm in a suitable firearm carry bag, case, box or other covering. Do not carry the firearm uncovered.
If you have any queries, please contact 9454 1347 or 1300 071 011.